The new year is upon us and 2011 is rapidly coming to a close. What did the year bring to the Embassy of Australia Education Team? Awesome bloggers and insightful student blog posts! Check out a few of our top picks:
1. Paroma wraps up her first Semester Down Under with this blog post and covers all of the big topics: studies, cost, homesickness, making friends… all of it!
2. Katie reflects on what international education means to her and how studying abroad in Australia has impacted her both inside and outside the classroom. Click here to read more!
3. If you’re curious about what student housing looks like in Australia, Ashley provides a virtual tour of her Aussie digs here. Pretty nice, huh?
4. Student blogger Lilach writes about how the grading system in Australia can sometimes throw North American students for a loop. What’s an HD, again? Find out here!
5. Marissa has some helpful tips if you’re looking to make the best of your semester in Australia; read them here.
Don’t forget to browse through our other student blogs here for more information about what it’s like to study in Australia — whether you’re curious about classes, lifestyle, social life, culture, or travelling.
And of course, we can’t possibly leave out our top blog posts! Revisit this year’s favourites below:
1. Rabbits in Australia: This is our most-read blog post, ever! All of our readers must really love bunnies…
2. Aussie Rules Football: Because who doesn’t want to learn more about playing footy?
3. Aussie Food: Get your grub on, Australia-style!
4. Future Unlimited Video Contest: Many of you loved watching student videos from this year’s Video Contest. Check out the winning entries and tell us what you think.
5. How to Deal With Homesickness: This post about battling the study abroad blues was also a popular read.
Lastly, Happy New Year from the Embassy of Australia Education Team — and thanks for reading!!