Australia is a fairly awesome place, hence being known around here as “Awesomestralia.” And here are some quick facts as to why this continent, the only continent that is also a country, is so fabulous.
- Australia is the driest inhabited continent on earth
- More than 85% of Aussies live within 50 km (31 miles) of a coast
- There are 25,000 species of plants compared with 17,500 species in Europe
- Australian inventions include aspirin, penicillin, long-wearing contact lenses, and notepads, to name a few
- Kangaroos and Emus, Aussie animals, cannot walk backwards
- 22% of Australians have a convict ancestor
Stay tuned for future facts about this exotic land!